Saturday, July 28, 2007

Chuchito Valdez at the Green Mill in Chicago

I knew that I would have to see a live show this weekend while I was in Chicago and I did. I could not believe that Chuchito Valdez happened to be at th legendary Green Mill for the weekend ( in one of the bathroom stalls someone wrote on the wall that their mother had been there in 1948 and now they were together in 2007.) He is an amazing Afro-Cuban jazz pianist and if you can see him live, go. The show was amazing. I met the band, danced all night and had a blast.

his ensemble performs contemporary Afro-Cuban originals composed by the leader, Chuchito Valdes, Original Arrangements of classic Latin Jazz standards by Chucho Valdes Sr. and Irakere and much more.







Tags: Afro-Cuban Latin Jazz | Chuchito Valdes | classic | Green Mill | origin | performs

No comments: